Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan: Frequently Asked Questions
Pag-IBIG Fund members who were unfortunately affected by natural calamities such as typhoons on areas declared as under State of Calamity may be eligible to avail of a calamity loan.
1. Who are eligible to avail of the Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan?
The Calamity Loan Program is open to any Pag-IBIG member who:
(i) Has made at least 24 monthly savings contribution;
(ii) Is an active member with at least 5 monthly savings for the last 6 months as of month prior to the date of loan application; and
(iii) Resides in an area which is declared by the Office of the President or the Local Sanggunian concerned as under a state of calamity.
If the member has an existing Housing Loan, Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL) and/or Calamity Loan, the account must not be in default as of date of loan application.
2. How much can one loan?
An eligible member may borrow up to a maximum of 80% of his Total Accumulated Value (TAV) — sum or total of the initial investment plus the interest earned to date — subject to the terms and conditions of the program.
The current interest rate for the Calamity Loan is 5.95% per annum.
3. What is the payment period?
The Calamity Loan is amortized over a period of 24 months with a grace period of 3 months. The member shall start paying his loan on the 4th month following the date of his DV/Check date.
4. Can a member still avail of a Calamity Loan even if he has an outstanding MPL/Calamity Loan?
Yes. The member may still avail of a Calamity Loan subject to certain conditions. In no case, however, will the aggregate short-term loan (MPL and Calamity Loan) exceed 80% of the borrower’s TAV.
5. Until when can an eligible member avail of the loan?
Eligible borrowers must avail of the Calamity Loan within a period of 90 days from the declaration of a State of Calamity.
6. What are the documentary requirements for the loan application?
• Completely filled-up Calamity Loan Application Form. (Download form here)
• Photocopy of at least 2 valid IDs
• Proof of Income
• For formally employed members, duly accomplished Declaration of Being Affected by Calamity.
7. Where can one apply for a loan?
The borrower may submit his requirements to any Pag-IBIG Office nationwide. For inquiries, Pag-IBIG Fund’s hotline is open 24/7 – (02) 724-4244. E-mails can be sent to [email protected]