Building Permit Application (Fast Track) in Quezon City
Note: This is applicable only for renovation of mall stalls without kitchen or construction of a single detached house with total floor area of 300 sq.m.or less
Required Documents From Other Offices
1. Secure from the Register of Deeds of Quezon City a Certified True Copy (CTC) of the TRANSFER CERTIFICATE OF TITLE (TCT) of the lot.
2. Secure from the Quezon City Treasurer’s Office the Tax Clearances of the lot (and of the existing structure, if applying for renovation, for addition or for extension)
3. Secure from the Quezon City Assessor’s Office the Tax Declarations of the lot (and of the existing structure, if applying for renovation, for addition or for extension)
4. Secure a Barangay Clearance for Building Permit from the Barangay that has territorial jurisdiction over your property.
5. Secure a Locational Clearance (LC) from the Quezon City Planning and Development Office (QCPDO)
6. Secure a FIRE SAFETY EVALUATION CLEARANCE (FSEC) from the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) of Quezon City
Note: Items 1, 2 and 3 are waived for stalls inside malls (commercial).
Procedure at the Department Of The Building Official
1. Get application forms, data capture sheet and checklist of requirements from the Information Window of the Department of the Building Official (DBO), 9/F, High Rise Bldg., Quezon City Hall Complex or download them from our official website.
Accomplish all application forms fully and legibly. Prepare three (3) complete sets of application documents (original copies plus 2 photocopies) and three (3) long folders marked as OWNER’S, DBO’s and ASSESSOR’s. Fasten the complete set of original copies inside the folder marked as OWNER’S. Fasten one complete set of photocopied documents inside the folder marked as DBO’s and the other photocopied set inside the folder marked as ASSESSOR’s. Arrange the documents in the folders according to the order as indicated on the list of requirements. Plans and supporting documents are not included in the folders.
2. Pay the City Tax at the cashier of the Quezon City Treasurer’s Office.
3. Submit your application at the Receiving Section of DBO:
a. If your documents are complete, as determined by the Receiving Officer, you will be given the order of payment (OP). Get your OP from the Releasing Section of DBO and pay at the cashier of the Quezon City Treasurer’s Office.
Bring the official receipt (O.R.) of the permit fees to the Releasing Section of DBO. You will be issued a Notice To Proceed With Construction and an acknowledgement/follow-up slip (afs). Check the status of your application after 10 working days, through SMS (texting) and through landline phones. Contact numbers and text format are written on your afs.
b. If your documents are incomplete, they will be returned to you together with a list of deficient documents. Complete your documents as noted on the checklist provided then resubmit. Incomplete documents will not be accepted.
4. After 10 working days:
a. If your application is compliant with the provisions of the National Building Code (NBC) and other referral codes, your permit will be issued. Come back after 2 working days and present your afs to the RELEASING SECTION to claim your permit.
b. If your application is non-compliant with the provisions of the National Building Code (NBC), your documents will be returned to you for you to comply based on the attached advices of action. Get your documents from the Releasing Section of DBO. Refer with your professionals on record for the necessary corrections. Return your corrected documents to the TECHNICAL PROGRAM UNIT (TPU)
of DBO and follow Step 4.