A building permit is a permit to be applied by the owner or administrator of a building to comply with the regulations set by the National Building Code. This is has to be secured before construction will commence.
This permit usually comes with ancilliary permits such as
• The architectural permit
• Civil/structural permit
• Electrical permit
• Mechanical permit
• Sanitary permit
• Plumbing permit
• Electronics permit
• Fire Safety Clearance, Barangay Clearance, bill of materials, ECC, PTR & PRC of professionals
Before the applicant can secure this permit, he or she has to ensure that other requirements related to the construction of the building has to be inspected and approved, with authorized signatory visible in certain documents.
For example, an engineer should ensure that the electrical layout is safe, the applicant should show proof he or she is the owner of the property or that he or she has legal documents proving the building is constructed or renovated on a tract of land being leased to him or her.
1. Ownership of the lot property
a. In case the applicant is the owner of the lot where construction will take place:
a1. Certified true copy of Transfer Certificate of Title, on file with the Registry of Deeds.
a2. Tax Declaration
a3. Latest Real Property Tax Receipt
b. In case the applicant is not the registered owner of the lot:
b1. Duly notarized copy of the Contract of Lease or Deed of Absolute Sale
2. Application forms
a. Application for Building Permit (5 copies)
b. Electrical Permit Forms (3 copies)
c. Sanitary Permit Forms (3 copies)
3. Five sets of complete detailed plan
a. For construction of two-storey building:
- Structural Design Analysis – signed and sealed by Civil Engineer at every page
b. For construction of more than two-storey building:
- Boring and Plate Load Test
- Seismic Analysis
Proof of Property
- Photocopy of Transfer Certificate if Title (TCT)
- Photocopy of tax Declaration of Property-lot (Certified True Copy) – 5 copies
- Photocopy of Current Tax Receipt (5 copies)
Copy of License of Engineers and Architects
- Photocopy of PTR # and PRC license of all involved engineers and architects
Applicants will be issued a list of requirements to fulfill.
Procedure on Building Permit Application
1. Prepare the list of requirements while you secure a checklist and application forms from the Office of the Building Official.
2. Along with the filled out forms and required documents as outlined in the checklist, submit them to the Office of the Building Official.
3. If the submitted requirements are complete, you will be granted an acknowledgement/follow-up slip.
4. Within 10 working days, you will receive an order of payment from the Releasing Section of the building office. Settle the charge at the cashier’s office.
5. After five days, the building permit will be released after the submission of proof of payment (official receipt).
Fees depend on the value of property, area of construction/renovation and other factors.